Image Map

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

This is what happens when you don't blog for a couple days...

Ahhh, where to begin? So much has happened since I last posted!


  • Last Friday, I received a phone call that I've been moved to 8th grade to teach Algebra 1, Geometry and Science. I'm okay with the move - I love the teachers on the hall and I actually started teaching 8th grade math before I was moved to 7th grade two years ago. It's kind of like going back home. But, I am extremely nervous about teaching Geometry. I haven't even had Geometry as a class since college. Not only do I have to prep for this class, I have to prep for a new science as well. Since I've taught Algebra the past four years, most of my focus will be on becoming proficient in teaching Geometry and 8th grade science well.  If anyone has any great websites or resources for Geometry, please let me know! I need all the help I can get!

  • My teacherspayteachers store is slowly taking off! I opened my store at the end of June and have slowly been adding things to my store. I read on the forums that it takes a while for a sale and that summer months are the slow months. But then I finally made my first sale the third week of July! Then I had a couple more this week! It definitely feels great when someone purchases or downloads something that I created. I'm extremely motivated to create more items for my store!

  • I've been working on prepping for my first 5k. For someone who is overweight and non-athletic, this is hard!! I've been using the couch to 5k app to keep me on track. So far it's been okay, switching between walking and running for a certain amount of time. I don't get too tired when I run anymore, but my legs hurt really bad! And in the middle of the workout, my leg starts to get numb (I think it's because of my shoes?) Right now, I'm starting week 3, which starts off with running for 3 minutes straight. Whhhhatt?! We'll see how this goes! The 5k is in September so I hope I can keep up until then.

  • Two words - Interactive Notebooks. I've been working to try and get as much done as I can with my Teacher ISN for Algebra 1. Making new templates from scratch and coming up with different ideas for my notebook take the longest time. I just ordered two of Dinah Zike's books, one being Foldables for notebooks and compositions, and I'm hoping I can get foldable ideas from it. I've also been making homework sheets and activities for each section before I move on to the next, so that is also slowing me down. And now that I know for sure that I'm teaching Geometry, I've started a Teacher ISN for that as well. That will take me the longest, as I am not as comfortable with the content. As long as it's taking me to put these ISN's together, I'm not sure if I want to have an ISN for science anymore!
That's all for now. Goodnight and a high five to those that actually read through this entire post!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment