Image Map

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Math Madness Monday



I'm linking up with Diana for Math Madness Monday!

At my school, we are very data driven. We give common assessments every 4 1/2 weeks and benchmark assessments every nine weeks. After our entire school finishes their common assessments, we analyze their data and input their scores into a spreadsheet where we have set goals for them based off of their EVAAS scores. We then make new goals for the next assessment. This gives us an idea of how much our students have grown (or not) since the last assessments and based off of this, allows us to create re-teaching plans to make sure we hit on standards that our students scored the weakest on.

One thing I like to do is have my kids analyze their classes data. How do I do this? I print out the top 5-7 most missed problems from their assessments and break the kids up into groups. I assign each group a problem and give each group their problem's most picked answer by their peers. They then have to work through the problem together and come up to the class to present. We do this after every assessment. I love this activity because my kids are working together, I'm maximizing classroom time by focusing on standards that the kids missed the most on, and the kids love teaching their peers! :-)

I finally got a chance to type up a reflection sheet so I didn't have to keep writing the same questions on the board for the kids to answer. Soooo...

Here is a freebie for you! I hope that someone finds this useful in their own classroom. In addition to the reflection sheet I use, I have also included a "problem of the day" template with it. You can download it here!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment