Image Map

Friday, August 2, 2013

Where did summer go?

Summer has FLOWN by! I can't believe it is August already. I've been reading up on my fave blogs, and  it seems like there are many teachers that have either started already or are starting school this upcoming week. Where I teach, we don't go back to school until the third week of August (I live in a small county in NC), so I still have a couple more weeks of rest time......you would think...

As mentioned in my previous post, I received the call that I would be moved to a new hallway (technically, back to my old hallway). This past week has been spend cleaning, dusting (ick), and moving allllllll my crap. I mean, I accumulated A LOT since I started teaching. Took some pictures of my new home, and half of my junk.

Here is a shot from my door. I think my new room might be a tad bigger than my old one...but maybe it looks as so because the tables are pushed against the back wall.

View from the front of the classroom.

Half of my junk piled up on tables and my counter. I have even more hidden toward the back of the room. BTW, I'm totally excited about my purple wall. It's more my color compared to the pale blue wall I'm leaving behind.

My desk area...with more junk. I did add the chevron wrapping paper to the front of my desk, and I thought I was going to be sick because the pattern was messing with my eyes! I'm planing on adding thick ribbon as the border and then maybe put my name in the middle to try and break the eye games the pattern is playing!

I'm pretty sure my room looks worse than it did yesterday. But I guess it has to get worse before it gets better, right? I'm going back Monday and hopefully it won't take me too much longer to get everything together so I can enjoy the rest of my summer!

BTW, the next few days marks NC's last tax free weekend. My awesome team teacher and I are going out of town to hit up all the teacher stores for some great deals! I'm super excited! :) I'm sure next post will be on the goodies that I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment