Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Tax Free Weekend and New Products!

This past weekend was tax free weekend in NC (and the last one we will have). I definitely took advantage of all of school supply sales and hit up the teacher stores in Raleigh. Staples had a great deal on 5 pack mechanical pencils for 25 cents, so I had to get up to the limit! I also went to Target where they had a good deal on glue sticks, colored pencils, and mechanical pencils. I have a huge stash of mechanical pencils from purchasing them when they are so cheap over summer. Of course I buy them for my kiddos, but then I never give them away because it's so hard for me to part with them!

I then went to the teach me store and stone's in raleigh where I bought border and other necessities. Does anyone ever feel the need to purchase border every year, even though you know you have enough and don't need it? Yeah, that's me! Every summer, I buy cute border that I know I don't need, and then I end up with packs that I haven't even used yet! There needs to be some kind of school supply addict meeting that I can go to!

Another thought - I noticed that I am all over the place with the theme in my room! Last year was easy - polka dots everywhere! This year, I'm torn between chevron, zebra print, and polka dots. And what's worse is that I've been buying all these decorations and border that are all these different prints and don't match at all! And because I am torn between all these patterns, I'm crazy enough to mix all of them and make it work! They are just so cute, I can't not use them!

Lastly, I've been working on my TPT store. I'm trying to get as much done as I can now because I know when school starts (in 2 weeks, yikes!) I know I won't have a lot of time to mess around with it. I posted a couple new products, including a foldable freebie that I promised a couple posts ago that I would load. Go to my store and check it out (and it would be super duper awesome if you left a comment!) And while you're there, you should totally "follow" me for updates on new products! And, I see a back to school sale in the near, near future....  :)


Foldable for Math Keywords for translating expressions. Comes with foldable, pictures of examples, and 2 practice sheets to all glue in your interactive notebook!


6th and 8th grade math common core posters. Just print, laminate, and hang around your room for you students to see! Also, if you're not a fan of the polka dots, but want the product, please let me know! I am willing to change the backgrounds to fit your needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment