Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

August Currently...

I'm linking up with Farley for this month's currently!


Listening - It's been raining all. day. long. but at least it's cooling down outside. I'm just hoping that it doesn't get any more humid - for my hair's sake!

Loving - As previously posted, boyfriend purchased a color laser printer and I've seriously gone printer crazy. I'm creating letters and posters and magnets galore. At least the excitement is motivating me to get stuff done for the school year! ;-)

Thinking - I've been working summer school for the entire month of July, so I haven't been able to get as much done as I would have liked. We have make ups next week, but I have mentor training one day next week, then I'm helping with our new teacher orientation the week after. This summer has definitely flown by!

Wanting - I've been stalking the weekly ads trying to find good deals. I usually keep my eye out for glue sticks, pencils, twisty papermate pencils (my fave), and expo markers. I've stocked up on glue sticks and expo markers last week, but of course I can never have enough! My teacher friends and I are taking a trip to Raleigh one Saturday to celebrate a birthday and hit up all of the teacher shops! I can't wait!

Needing - Again, because of summer school, I haven't been able to do much of anything. Because of the workshop I have to attend and helping out at the new teacher orientation, I'll only have 4 days total to clean, move desks, and decorate before school starts on the 18th!

What about you guys? What supplies do you keep any eye out for or stock up on during this time?!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you get your classroom in gear. I know that I am way behind! Happy beginning of school year! :)
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mythbusters is a fabulous show!! We start on the 18th too! I am jealous you have gotten into your classroom, I can't get in to my room until the 11th :(

    A Little Bird in Third

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! This summer our principal insisted the custodians wax the floors right after school let out so we're able to set our rooms up before school starts! I hope you have a great school year! :-)

      Delete
  3. My hubby and I love Mythbusters too:) I'm also a school supply addict (and so is my little sister, and she isn't even a teacher!).
    Good luck in the new school year!

    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! Can't beat these great back to school deals!! It's crazy how much more they charge for supplies any other time of the year! Hope you have a great year! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love how excited you are about school supplies!
    I also can't wait to stalk, I mean read your blog!

    thanks for finding me, so I could find you!!!!!

    Hodgesgal
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Stalk away! I've been stalking everyone's blogs all summer! Thanks for stopping by!! :-)

      Delete
  5. I so know what you're going through. Summer school has been the worst in terms of getting stuff done for the school year! I'm very jealous of your laser printer. My color printer peaced out this year. I'm still mourning it.

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell
    That Fancy Blog Boutique

    ReplyDelete