Image Map

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Back to School Goals 2014 - 2015 Linky

I skipped a day of blogging! Oops! I'm hoping to make up for that today by posting twice. First post is a link up with I Heart Recess! I love this linky because I am constantly thinking about new goals for upcoming year.


Personal - This is always my goal every year and I always fail! Leaving by 4pm is even my new years resolution! I probably end of leaving every day between 4:30 - 5pm. 

Organization - I definitely want to have my teacher ISN completed before school starts. This helps me with the structure of my units since I am kind of running blind with my Foundations of Math II class (this is the first year the middle schools in my county are offering this in middle school). I am hoping to learn from other teachers that teach Foundations and come up with a guide that I can use next year. I also think it would be easy for me to have everything completed ahead of time and organized into binders. I have always had 3-4 preps. This is the first year that I have only 2 preps, so I am thinking this will be manageable!

Planning - I am so guilty of socializing during planning sometimes! I really need to work on this. I am thinking of just shutting my door during planning so I am not tempted to visit everyone on my hall! I also would like to meet with our Math department at the same time every month. Since I'll be the only math teacher on my hall, I want to make sure that we are all on the same page. Plus I love our math department and I never get to see them during the school day!

Professional - Last year was the first year I was given opportunities to present at our staff meetings and the district conference. I never have before because I have always been so shy and nervous. But our curriculum facilitator helped me with my fear. She spoke with me and said that I am a leader and have such great ideas that others would benefit from. If I'm going to continue to be a leader, I need to take the steps to overcome my shyness. So my goal this year is to continue to share ideas and work on my nervousness.

Students - I want to make sure my students understand me and how I run my classroom. A lot of them complain about how hard my work is, but I want to make sure my students are challenged and to not give up too easily. So my goal is to be there for them and motivate them to push through - it'll all work out in the end.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. You lead your staff meetings? Awesome leadership! Great goals, I'm sure you will do great with them this year!
    Thanks for linking up!

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete