After such a trying week, I was super excited to hear that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by Heather over at Smack Dab in the Middle! The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers that have less than two hundred followers. Thanks so much for the nomination!
Now for my part...Questions and Answers
1. What grade do you teach? What grades have you taught? How long have you been teaching?
I currently teach 8th grade at my former middle school. I've taught 7th and 8th race since I started teaching. This is my fifth year teaching!
2. What book do you read to your class each year without fail?
I teach 8th grade math and science, so I totally feel bad for saying I don't read them any books. Does reading out of my interactive notebook count?
3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing?
Probably learning how to cook. Or making purchasing and hoarding school supplies a profession!
4. What's one thing you're just dying to buy for your classroom?
This questions is perfect since I was just thinking about this today! I'm dying to buy a french press for my classroom. Since giving up soda, I've been relying on coffee for caffeine and am now addicted!!
5. What's your non-teaching guilty pleasure?
Celebrity gossip/news! But this comes in handy when I play QuizUp on my iPad! Haha!
6. Favorite book that is not teaching related?
Oh this is a difficult one since everything I read is teaching related. I would have to say the third book of the Fifty Shades Trilogy. Now before you think I'm weird, I just love the love story between Christian and Anastasia and am a sucker for happy endings!
7. What's one thing on your bucket list?
Learning how to play a stringed instruments! Either a violin or a cello!
8. Favorite restaurant?
Any restaurant that has Asian food and SUSHI!
9. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Has to be Sandra Oh! I love her on Grey's!
10. What's one thing you could eat everyday?
11. What inspired you to begin blogging?
My favorite thing about being a teacher is being able to learn and share with other teachers. Whether it is best practices in the classroom or just sharing a good story with on another. When I started to discover teacher blogs over the summer (researching interactive notebooks), I instantly became hooked! Everyone in the blog community are so helpful and it's good to know that other teachers from around the US and in other countries go through similar ordeals.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- When I was in college, I changed my major 3 times (all in education).
- When I first went to college, I was a Music Education major.
- My parents own a martial arts gym, and I grew up learning it.
- I have this weird thing about microwaves. I can't stop the microwave on an odd number. Always has to be an even number!
- I have a HUGE obsession with school supplies. I have an addiction and my friends love making fun of me about it!
- I own every single The Sims game, stuff pack, and expansion pack since Sims 1. Love the game - unfortunately, summer is the only time I get to play!
- I'm a workaholic. I am constantly working on some kind of school work, whether it's researching online, re-analyzing common core standards, finding new resources, or creating new things. My mind is constantly on work!
- I hate cleaning at home but LOVE cleaning my desk area in my classroom. For some reason, rearranging my desk supplies gives me excitement.
- Speaking of excitement, if I'm feeling unmotivated to grade papers or plan, I always go out to the store and buy a pack of new markers or pens (see, I do have an addiction!) There is something about a new pack of markers or pens to get you going!
- I am an apple gal! All electronics that I own are all apple products! I finally saved enough to purchase a MacBook Pro a couple of years ago. I'll never go back to anything else!
- I love anything polka dots and chevron!
Phew! Now that you know a little about me, here are my nominations for the Liebster Award! Check them out - they're awesome!!
Square Root of Negative One Teach Math
Middle School Math Mania
Here are the rules -
1. Link back to my blog as the one who nominated you.
2. Nominate five blogs who have less than two hundred followers.
3. Answer the questions posted above.
4. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know they have been nominated!
I look forward to seeing your responses! Happy Sunday Everyone!!